· Speaking at Starbucks HQ (Seattle, WA): April began with a great opportunity to fly to Starbucks headquarters in Seattle for a keynote speech. Starbucks has a partnership with the City Year Foundation, a group that empowers young adults to become mentors to kids in need of guidance. The opportunity to tell stories from my career, make people smile, laugh and leave feeling more inspired was empowering.
· Finding Time to Stay Healthy and Fit: After Seattle, I had a few weeks back home in Denver. I recently began a partnership with the Denver Athletic Club as an Olympic ambassador. You would think that after all the years of training, it would be easy for me to get up and work out every day – NOT THE CASE! I have actually had chronic lower back issues since retirement and it has been difficult to find a workout program. One huge benefit of my DAC partnership is working with the one and only myofascial massage master – Emad Hussein!
· Building a Brand: At the end of April I was back on the east coast for a nine day trip packed with appearances, clinics, new sponsor meetings, media partnerships and a film festival. I love New York City! I was born in Brooklyn and NYC always feels like home. I had two appearances in New York for the Liberty Mutual: Road to Rio Tour, as well as the Team USA 100 Days Out Gala at the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art).
· Meeting with the Players Tribune: One of my most productive NYC meetings was with the Player’s Tribune. The Olympics is on everyone’s radar and having the opportunity to speak with their team about Olympic marketing strategy was very special. I was even asked to do a quick photo shoot in their studio, overlooking the water!
· Newport Sports Film Festival and Touch the Wall: I stayed at the BeachCliff Resort in Newport, RI, which is absolutely stunning! I was honored to be a guest. Touch the Wall screened to a full house and I am always so humbled when people attend screenings.
· 2016 Sports PR Summit: I was invited to attend 2016 Sports PR Summit as a guest. Being in the room with the best professional sports marketers and heroes, such as Lisa Leslie (WNBA) and Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) was an amazing experience. I met some great professionals and will be featured on an upcoming episode of Sports Business Radio.